Wednesday, August 01, 2007

35W Mississippi River Bridge

Today it collapsed.

This is the road I take to go to eir's house.

It is a bizarre thing to watch news coverage of devastation that has occurred in my own backyard.

My stomach feels sick, and when it begins to settle, I look at the TV screen and there it is again. This is about 7-8 miles from where I'm typing right now. My roommate was ON this bridge 2 hours before it collapsed.

Please pray! The death toll is up to 6 so far. I feel so sick when I think that I might know someone involved. I am watching Facebook status updates to see that my friends are ok.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I am so glad you are okay Jackie! I love you so much!

Karoline said...

yeah. i couldn't even watch TV tonight because every station was carrying it. i was driving in downtown minneapolis yesterday...eek. well, i'm glad that you were not there and that you were safe. seriously. I just love when you update, by the way. I miss you. a whole lot.

Anonymous said...

May God be with the families of those who were involved.

Chas