Saturday, October 28, 2006

GREAT DAY!

Today was AWESOME.

First of all, I slept in. LOVE IT. Got up, got ready, read my Bible, ate some lunch, left for Kimball (to pick up my bridesmaid dress for Bec's wedding next weekend!).

Called my college roomie Tracy on the way there, and we talked for around an HOUR, getting caught up. I have so many memories with this girl, sigh. It was lovely to chat.

Home. WONDERFUL. I love love love love love love love my family! Kevy was home from college, and Kristin didn't have to work, so the whole family went out for pizza, where Kevin got the family to sing "Happy Birthday" to me (recall: my birthday is in JANUARY). The restaurant joined in and then everyone CLAPPED. I did a little wave to the restaurant crowd and said thank you. It was pretty hilarious.

On the way home, Kevy popped in the soundtrack to "The Promise," a musical passion play that we've seen and LOVE, and the whole family sang the songs together. If you know my family AT ALL, you know they're pretty crazy and fun. It was SO, SO wonderful to be with them, riding together in Kristin's Intrepid, singing songs about our Savior, and knowing that every member of my family loves Jesus Christ. What a BLESSING.

I realize that this little story makes us sound like a quaint little Brady Bunch family who sits down to sing old hymns by the fire before bed. The truth is that we fight and argue and say ugly things, but also that we love each other and love our King, and so, imperfect as my family is, we belong to the Lord, and I treasure that.

On the way home, my friend Erick called and WE got to catch up! Hooray! He even prayed for me over the phone; again, what a blessing. I love my life and my friends. Thank You, Savior.

Tomorrow ... another good day coming up! Trying out Ambassador Baptist in the morning; then CAMP REUNION in the afternoon/evening, and then hanging out with Al-Gal!!!!! Sounds exhausting, all in all, doesn't it? To me too. But it should be lovely. I am so excited to see my camp peeps!

THANK YOU, JESUS, FOR YOUR GOOD WORD AND FOR LIFE AND FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND ROOMIES AND CHOCOLATE AND THE INTERNET AND FOR MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES. Help me not to get in Your way! :-)

No comments: