Friday, July 22, 2005

I FINALLY DID IT

... I pierced my ears. I am nearly 24 years old, and I haven't sat in that piercing stool for almost a decade, but instead of crying and wimping out (as I did at 14), I just ALMOST cried but DIDN'T wimp out, and now I have one lovely hole in each lobe. Thank you, thank you. >Curtsies<

"But jackie lea!" you may say, "how on earth did you have such COURAGE to face the gun, especially after LOOKING at the spear-shaped pointy ends of the studs?"

Well, well, dear friends. Ms. Erica Murriel Davis was at my side, and she held my hand. Thank you, dear eir, so trusty, so true!

So, please, mark today, July 22nd, as MONUMENTAL: jackie lea finally let the needle through the lobe. No tears were shed (but close!), and I did not hyperventilate (although I got lightheaded and was breathing VERY deeply). :-)

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Yip Yip....Way to go Jackie. I was 26 when I first got my ears pierced, so I know your excitement. At age 40 I went for the 2nd hole in my L ear(since I sleep on my Right side), My mom was with me for that one and she held my hand. Unfortunatly my ear didnt accept the 2nd hole and got infected so I had to let it grow shut. anyway.....congrats to you oh brave one.

jackie lea said...

awww prec!!

Subcomandante Bob said...

I had my side pierced by a Roman centurion, who then gave me a sponge with vinegar.

Wait...that wasn't me...that was Christ.

Sorry.