Friday, December 22, 2006

magnetic

warning: this might sound weird, but let's be honest ... my family IS weird.

there is something about my mom and dad's bed that draws the family to it ... the WHOLE family. whenever we're all home together, we seem to eventually all end up in their bed, talking.

today when i got home, mom, kristin, and kevin (in the middle) were already there. i joined. when dad came home from work, he got in too.

no, their bed is not that big. it used to SEEM much bigger when we were little kids and did this, but now we are five adults in ONE BED. hahahaha! oh how i LOVE my family!

they are so wonderful; i am blessed.

sister and i went Christmas shopping tonight, and it was a blast! she took me out for supper, but they screwed up my order and gave it to us for free, so i think she still owes me. :-) we got lots of GREAT gifts! we're soooo excited for the family to open them!

silly thought: i'm so happy that my parents have presents to open these days. i remember being a little kiddo and having tons of presents and giving mom and dad things like a coupon book for free hugs and kisses. now we have MONEY and can buy them presents ...

but now that we are GIVING and realizing the lovely joy of it, i understand how they were HAPPY to give-give-give all those toys and art projects, just to see us excited, and to receive popsicle-stick ornaments and milk-carton planters, from the kids they LOVE.

i am excited to be a parent. but in no hurry. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so true!! I think they probably still have coupons around the house of me doing dishes, or laundry or something like that!!

I had a blast today!!! Next time, you pay for the meal and I will have them screw it up!!!!

Love ya honey bun!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wierd??? I have known your mom all her life and never once did the word "wierd" pop in my mind about her. The words I think to describe her are, lovely , honest, compassionate, and working on her hospitality skills. Of the family , they are the delight ofmy heart! Guess who/ My initials are M.O.M.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Jac'

Anonymous said...

HEHE! I think it's funny how you talk about your family and they can read it and comment. :) Hope you had a blessed Christmas Jackie!

-Chas