Wednesday, January 17, 2007

25 years old!!!

it was my birthday today! hooray!! i usually don't like my birthday, but today's was great!

my co-workers were wonderful (angela brought me flowers and this huge cookie!), trixie took me out for dinner, i saw my NEW BRIGHTON KIDDOS!!!!!, and chillaxed with trix ...

i feel so special! i got cards from my office, from my family, (hand-delivered) from jada (my personal assistant/friend), from lana. i got phone calls from sister, brother, eir, whit, lana, old lady tracy, brandon, and BRIA! des stopped into my office to see me!

i am SO BLESSED. i have amazing friends, amazing family members, amazing co-workers, an amazing job, an amazing house, ... and an OUTSTANDING Lord!

maybe this is weird, but i'm going to share with you part of the prayer i journalled tonight.

"You are MAGNIFICENT -- and FUN, my Lord! how i love You! i want so much for my unsaved friends to know You and Your joy, the PURPOSE You give! Without You, i think i'd be so aimless and depressed! no wonder there are so many suicides these days! people don't know You and Your purpose for them, and our society certainly doesn't encourage Christianity. how ridiculous that meaningless religions are embraced and celebrated -- and the Truth is scorned. we are so blind, so depraved.

"but i remember, 'In this world, you WILL have trouble' -- so true. You said things would be bad -- You said the world hated You. but You also said, 'Take heart, for I have overcome the world.'

"HALLELUJAH, my Jesus! You are so mighty and victorious.

"I praise You. glorify Your Name.

"make us Christian strong to stand against the hate. let us love as YOU do! make me look more like You, Jesus! i pray for that! i welcome You. refine me into the jackie You desire."

i feel a little self-conscious for sharing that, but that is how i feel as i head into age 25. JESUS IS ALL. I so greatly desire for others to know Him and to enjoy the purpose He provides. He is what makes life exciting; He is my Love and my Reason. He is FUN!!! I just love Him so, so, so much, and this blog sounds so sappy, but I just wish that I could somehow explain that He is my LIFE.

Jesus, my King, make me look more like Thee. I am Yours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, a belated Happy Birthday. I wish I would have been in the shower of cards you received, but I just moved to Ohio and haven't unpacked my birthday list yet; I'm sorry.

Second, I "just wish that I could somehow explain" how much admire your faith. I certianly share your desire to be refined into the person Jesus wants me to be, but your breathless joy, fun, and intimacy with the Lord are almost incomprehensible. I remember you well from our days in CSF, but only since I began reading your blog have I realized that you are a role model for me in many ways.

I echo your prayer to "make us Christian strong to stand against the hate." The Christian community, especially in this nation, could always use more love.

Finally, to end with a bit of humor, you said (twice), "Jesus, my King, make me look more like Thee." Do you really want to look like an ancient Jewish man with a beard?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday jackie. I Love you.