Monday, May 07, 2007

learning ...

i am learning to trust in my Father instead of worrying. i'll share with you a part of my conversation with Him last night ...

"help me to TRUST! help me to recall all the ways You've been with Your people, the ways You've rescued them and me, the miracles You set in motion and completed, the faithfulness -- EXTREME faithfulness -- You've always shown me. i am 25 years old, and You have SAVED me. i am Your daughter. You LOVE me. You have given me a loving relationship with You -- THANK YOU FOREVER. for Who You Are, I owe You praise! for Your salvation, i bow in humble gratitude, for Your rich blessings, i am speechless with thanks."

...

"all of this should combine into one huge pocket of trust in You. and i DO trust You, i DO. sometimes i think maybe my immediate desires get in the way of my trust ... "

...

"if [it cannot happen], let me trust You have other ideas, other times, other things in mind, and let my praise NOT SKIP A BEAT.

"for You are GOOD, and Your love for me is GREAT; Your power is mighty, and Your plan is perfect.

"so i want to praise, regardless of circumstances."


friends, if i am in your prayers, this is what i ask you to pray for: that I would TRUST my Savior.

love,
jackie lea

No comments: