Wednesday, July 18, 2007

a 2nd go

today i sat by my friend anna (who just started working at NWC) during our weekly all-campus "Office Bites" get-together, and i had so much fun throwing out funny comments back and forth with her.

if you knew my story with anna, this would seem more special to you.

anna was probably my best friend my senior year of college, but we had a major falling out. we weren't holding grudges against one another, but we basically couldn't be around each other without fighting. i didn't go to her wedding.

just recently we started a writing group together, and it has been great having her in my life again. we had a great talk a few weeks ago where i got to apologize for being such a jerk. she said i didn't need to apologize again, but i wanted to, and she forgave me. it was actually pretty cool.

and so today, sitting beside her out on the nazareth veranda, quietly firing out these witty one-liners during a presentation, i thought about how FUN she is and i realize how BLESSED i am to get a second shot at this friendship.

pretty cool, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!