Monday, July 26, 2010

i'm off to a ... um, bad ... start

I started off this morning by oversleeping.

I leave for work at 7:45, and I woke up at 7:35. Whoops.

Nevertheless, I still made it to work by 8:05. Sigh.

Then the day went CRAZY. First of all, I got a promotion (not today, just recently) which means I am in charge of hiring and training, and we had our new hire start today. Since I have been in Chicago at a work conference Wed-Fri of last week, I had zippo prepared for him. Great. Awesome.

Then there was a drop in in the afternoon. I spazzed and said I was too busy to take it. My co-worker's eyes got really big and filled with fear, so I had to explain that I wasn't yelling at her, just very overwhelmed. She gave the appointment away.

Then someone else dropped in. And needed a tour. And since everyone else was doing appointments, yours truly gave the tour. My co-worker came back to my cubicle to ask, and she very obviously did not want to ... I think she thought I might explode on her or something.

(For all those interested ... I did not. I smiled kindly at my terrified colleague and said, "No problem." Aren't I so sweet?)

Then I gave a tour. Then I came back and worked an extra hour and a half.

I sound like such a whiner. I shouldn't even post this blog. Well, I'm going to anyway, but let me spin it here at the end to reflect the good news of life.

I love my job. I love my co-workers (even when I go ballistic on them). I love the teenagers and families I serve. I am super blessed. And goodness gracious, I got a promotion! That's pretty sweet too. And ... when you think about it ... I even got extra sleep this morning and no harm done.

In addition to all that good stuff, I bought a bunch of stuff online last week and it just came in. I ADORE THE MAIL.

And even better ... I am covered in Messiah-blood and am seen by God through that lens.

No comments: