Thursday, June 21, 2007

eir asked for camp stories. here's an excerpt of my email to her ...

I LOVED MY FAMILY. it was probably one of my top three families ever, we had so much fun. laughed a lot. I laughed so hard that my stomach and back hurt on the volleyball court one day. I haven’t laughed like that in YEARS. it was so good. our family’s name was “the b’dewayne mcgrrrrrr experiement: awkward flowers of Kuwait” -- please enjoy. there was a boy in our family named matt mcgirr who’d never been there before, pretty quiet boy, and he was one of our family mascots. it was soooo great.



erick klein and I talked on the dock til like 2am one morning. that was great.


whit and I prayed on the dock in morningside one day. nice.



my family’s lip sync was so funny (at least to me); it was like an aerobics video. I was on the low-intensity side and eventually fell out of my chair and “couldn’t get back up” but tried to keep up with the leader nevertheless. tay thought I was funny!!!! yay!



on thursday night, they had 90 minutes of a “response time” where they could visit different stations like “I serve” or ‘I forgive” – and I was one of like 8-10 faculty who sat in the commons area, waiting to talk to students. we stayed pretty busy. I got to have three good conversations that day. sigh. I love camp. and kids. but mostly Jesus.



I taught a class. it went fine.



gavy was there. he shaved one day and I kept saying, “There’s that baby face I love!” HAHAHA.



Andrew prayed in his family like this: “dearbabyJesus …”



andy Siemens looks grown up!!!! crazy how they change!



London impressed me with his maturity and leadership even though Kevin and jay weren’t there.



paige allen is gorgeous. so is Tanya hahn.



buncha kids talked to me about nwc.



I LOVE EMILY STRALEY. LOVE HER.



lesseeee …. oh I don’t know, lots of things. DORA was in my family! I love her. we went canoeing one day.



megs’ and my activity night went GREAT!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun. I wish Kevin could have abeen there to enjoy also. I'm glad you love Jesus. I haven't gotten a call for awhile , I miss that. Today I sleepfor a while so cdon't call . Are you coming up this weekend? You could stay the night now that I have the pony beds. Love you,Mom

Anonymous said...

I meant I havent gotten my call from you after work.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time Jackie. You're stories of camp make me remember the year I was a cabin mom at Pine Haven with Amy Pool. Ah, that seems so long ago! Thanks for the stories!

Chasidy

Jackie said...

My baby faced boy is getting all grown up....crazy stuff

Anonymous said...

andrew also prayed to jehovah and yhwh, and prayed the first half of the lords prayer, but forgot the second half, so he just stopped after "give us this day our daily bread".


he's awesome.



love always, megs

Anonymous said...

Jackay sommers you make me smile a lot!!
strales