Saturday, April 14, 2007

isrealite

In the Old Testament, God showed Himself and His power to His people, the Israelites, over and over and over. AND YET THEY DOUBTED HIM!

He caused the mighty plagues upon the Egyptians and even SPLIT the Red Sea before His people so that they walked across on DRY LAND. He appeared to them as a pillar of fire and a pillar of cloud. He provided water, manna, and meat.

And yet, when Moses went up on the mountain, the people made a golden calf as a "god" who would go before them.

ISREALITES! So quick to forget God's faithfulness to you!!!

... and I'm the same.

My God has never failed me, the most recent example of His faithfulness the quick turnaround with finding a new house and roommates. And yet today I was so paralyzed with frustration about payments and the moving out situation that I wouldn't even get out of bed.

ISREALITE! So quick to forget God's faithfulness to me!!!

Lord, forgive me. Help me to trust You. You are mighty, and I want to rest in Your plans. Help me to trust You even when I am angry or trembling.

As they stood between the pursuing Egyptians and the bank of the Sea, "Moses said to the people, 'Do not fear! Stand by and see the salvation of the LORD which He will accomplish for you today; for the Egyptians whom you have seen today, you will never see them again forever. The LORD will fight for you while you keep silent' " (Exodus 14:13-14).

God My God, help me to keep silent while You fight for me. Let me rest in Your faithfulness, sovereignty, and love. Please give me peace not of this world.

I love You. Calm me down, my holy King. Keep my eyes on You.

2 comments:

Karoline said...

i tend to be anxious and worried about thing. Yup. that's who i am. And there is something to be said about planning and making sure you do things. But I love that verse: The lord WILL fight for you. You need only to be still.

I just don't sit long enough. I just get this need to get up and fight, which, when i do that for myself, ends up messing things up.
Thanks for the reminder! I'll be praying for you love!

Anonymous said...

that is very helpful to read!! Thanks sister!! pray for me this week!