Sunday, April 22, 2007

something ...

She feels locked in her own life
Scared of what she might lose
If she moves away from who she was
And she's afraid of being free
There's a way she knows is right
And she can't feel the things she knows and so each step she's taking
Is a step of faith towards who she'll be

And suddenly it isn't what it used to be
And after all this time it worked out just fine
And suddenly i am where i'm supposed to be
And after all the tears, i was supposed to be here

Superchic[k]

I think today was the first time I really listened to the lyrics of this song, and although I can't quite put my finger on it, these words really resonate with me.

"Scared of what she might lose
If she moves away from who she was
And she's afraid of being free" ...
Sometimes I wonder what I would be like without OCD. Would I be boring???

"There's a way she knows is right
And she can't feel the things she knows" ...
Having to separate feelings from knowledge.

"so each step she's taking
Is a step of faith towards who she'll be" ...
This makes me think of grad school. I don't know for sure what I should be doing, so I'm kind of stepping timidly forward in faith, hoping I'm doing the right thing.

"And suddenly it isn't what it used to be
And after all this time it worked out just fine
And suddenly i am where i'm supposed to be
And after all the tears, i was supposed to be here" ...
In 25 years, I will probably look back and think, "WHY did I worry about that!"

The entire song seems to remind me of GOD'S SOVEREIGNTY.

I love it. Thank You, Jesus, for holding me.

No comments: