Sunday, March 25, 2007

PRAY.PRAY.PRAY.PRAY.PRAY.PRAY.PRAY.PRAY.PRAY.PRAY.PRAY.

the house.

tricia, des, and i are about 100% sure of moving to the new brighton house next year. lindsey is still up in the air, but she visits the house tomorrow morning. please, please pray that she will love it (if that is what God wants). i feel fairly confident that it will be my home next year.

things have just been working out so flowingly that i feel i am seeing God's hand in the events. i don't want to speak too soon, but ... as i said, i'm pretty confident it will be my home next year.

time out.

i want to stop and say how great my God is. i don't even know what words to use. but He is outstanding. He is hilarious and my favorite and eternal and creative and ... I'm still not hitting the word that describes the way I'm feeling.

He is just so FUN and LOVELY. how BLESSED i am to know Him.

big time out.

just stop for a second and consider how amazing it is that we are even ABLE to know God -- or ALLOWED to know God.

i am working on a poem about this -- the irony, the oddity -- it's in VERY early stages, but it seems appropriate to share right now:

UNTITLED
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:14

Am I the only one to notice the way
the low orange moon is trying to walk the streets of Minneapolis
as if it were not the least peculiar for it to window shop on Nicollet Mall?
When the sky is brown instead of black, my senses are up,
but why can’t they see how strange this is,
a full satellite waiting at a stoplight, wishing for a bagel?

Holiness networking with profanity.
Magnificent absurdity, the whole of it: God putting on
skin and walking with liars. A King born in a stable.
God cooking breakfast.



... ok, I repeat: VERY EARLY STAGES. There is so much more to be said about the peculiarity of the Gospel.

Anyone else amazed that God dwelt among men?

1 comment:

Stephanie Cunningham said...

Hey Jackie! I just wanted to let you know I've been reading your blog! I've been enjoying it, too. You have such a way with words :) Hope the house situation works out for you!

Stephanie (Jones) Cunningham