Sunday, January 23, 2005

Part Two

So, my day got better. A Wrinkle in Time is kinda weird, but it's interesting. I really like the character of Calvin, and I cheated tonight at Barnes and looked at the third book and found out what happens with Calvin and Meg. Oh well.

My arm-crooks quit hurting awhile after I took some Ibuprofen. Yesssss.

Tricia and I went to Barnes (as was mentioned), and I got The Problem of Pain by Jack Lewis and Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard. Thanks, Mom and Dad! :-)

But here's the big thing from this afternoon ... something I need to remember:

GOD is BIGGER than me, my friends, and the plans we make.

Proverbs 16:9 says, "A man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps."

And listen here to Isaiah 25:1 ... "O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, Plans {formed} long ago, with perfect faithfulness."

I praise You, O God my Father, for Your excellent ideas and for being so much better than we are ... all-knowing! How great Thou art! God, thank You for directing our footsteps and for making tough decisions.

As Lewis wrote in Mere Christianity ... if Time is a line, then God is the PAPER the line is drawn on! Right around this time last year, I mused with Eir about how amazing it is that HE is in charge, and hey -- PRAISE THE LORD either way, right? Right.

No comments: